Thursday, April 9, 2009

One Of My Best Friends


We had quite the shock in our family yesterday and I’m not quite sure where to start.


My mom has been feeling sick for a few days now. She went into her doctor on Monday and had a few tests done. On Tuesday he asked her to come back in for a few more tests. After getting her blood taken again her doctor told her to go to the hospital thinking that the shortness of breath and fatigue she was feeling was from a possible blood clot. They did more tests making sure she didn’t have any blood clots in her legs or anything in her lungs. They kept her overnight to make sure she was alright.


She called me Wednesday morning and told me she wasn’t to well. Her doctor had informed her that she has Leukemia and yesterday afternoon they took her to the Huntsman Cancer Institute. They have determined that she has an acute, aggressive form of Leukemia, but they have to do more tests to figure out what sub-type she has and determine her treatment options and prognosis.


The next few days we will be getting more test results back. They will probably be some of the hardest days, but my Mom is a fighter and I know that we will all be able to get through this.


I wanted to say thank you to Ryan for being such a great husband and being there for me on this first day of many hard days to come. I love you babe with all my heart.

4 comments:

Annie said...

I am so sorry Zenica. That is horrible news but I know your mom is a strong woman and I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Bale Family said...

I don't even know what to say! I'm so sorry your mom and you as well as your family are having to deal with this! I wish I could take it away for you! I'm praying for you both! Keep your blog updated on her recovery!

kellie said...

Oh Zenica, I wish I could give you a hug. You and your family will be in our prayers. Please keep us updated.

The Gotch Family said...

I am so sorry to hear this. This has to be so hard for you and your family. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
Kristen