Thursday, April 16, 2009

Jan's Update (April 16th)

Yesterday mom’s energy was really low. She didn't get much sleep the night before so she was extremely tired and worn down. She did feel better as the day went on. Her doctors said that so far everything is looking great.


They got her 922 (Philadelphia Chromosome) test back from her bone marrow biopsy and it was negative, which is great news. A positive test would have meant that a bone marrow transplant would be required. She may still need one, depending on how treatment goes, but it’s a good thing it’s not a requirement.


Today she will be getting some blood platelet transfusions. Her platelet count is low, which means her blood is too thin and could cause bleeding issues. Once they get her platelet count back up, she’ll then get a spinal tap and also a spinal chemo injection.

I’ll continue spending most of my days at the hospital and will be sure to post any news when I have it.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Sounds like things are going well, or as well as they can be. I pray the good news continues.

Karen said...

That's great news about the 922 test! I'm so glad your able to be down here with your mom. let me know if you need me any other time then sat. you know I would love to.

Unknown said...

Zen, I'm so glad to hear that things are going well. Tell your mom we wish her the best. We love you.

Annalisa