Monday, October 1, 2007

Home Sweet Home

It’s so good to be home with the kids. Yesterday my step dad picked us up from the airport and the kids were still at grandma and grandpas. When we finally got to the house Ryan and I were like little kids on Christmas morning. We were so excited to see the kids and they were just as excited to see us. We had a great time, but did miss out on seeing Connor get more adventurous with walking. When we left he would take 4-5 steps, but he’ll now walk halfway across a room! He still prefers to crawl, but is working on walking and won’t be crawling much longer.

New York and Boston were so much fun. They are both so different as well. New York is obviously bigger, flashier (and dirtier). Boston is filled with history and has so many great New England trees. The tree lined streets, especially in the suburbs, were really amazing and beautiful.

Highlights of our trip
Sitting in the front row at the Late Show with David Letterman
Seeing Ground Zero (site of the World Trade Center)
Going to the top of Rockefeller Center at night
Going to the Statue of Liberty
Being in Times Square
Celebrity sightings: Got George Clooney’s autograph, saw Heather Graham, Jennifer Garner, and others…
Being at the Today Show
Eating at great restaurants
Seeing the Empire State building
NBC tour (Where Saturday night live is filmed)
Having a trip with just the two of us…and so much more.

That was all just in New York. Boston has a whole other list of its own, but I won’t bother you with that list. The greatest part about Boston for me was that I was able to see Andelyne. Next time (if there is a next time) I’m hoping I can spend more time with her. Ryan and I spent all of Friday and Saturday touring around Boston so only at night were we with Andelyne and Her husband Ben.

So that was our trip it’s going to be a long time before we are able to go on another trip without the kids, but I wanted to thank everyone again that watched the kids.


Ground Zero (site of the World Trade Center)








2 comments:

Ranay said...

Great pictures Zenica! I'm so jealous of all the fun things you were able to do and see. That's so neat! Thanks for sharing.

Krista said...

looks like you saw the good stuff. I'm glad you guys had a fun time. did you call today? If you don't leave a message because sometimes I don't even know you called unless I check my history, which I RARELY do. So, I can't remember anymore but just call me or I will try to call you later too. :) ciao