Thursday, April 21, 2011

Dennis the Menace


Sometimes I wonder if we should have named you Dennis…Dennis the Menace. Every day Hayden seems to be getting into to something (often many things) that he shouldn't be.


A couple of weeks ago he combined all of the flour, sugar and salt containers. On Saturday he found a bottle of baby powder and squeezed it out all over his and Connor’s room. Surprisingly he kept the Sabbath day holy and didn’t get into anything on Sunday. The fun continued on Monday, when he poured out two bottles of hair detangler and half a bottle of spray gel on the carpet . Last Tuesday he got into our bathroom two times without me knowing. The first time I caught him pretty quickly after he had sprayed hair spray and lotion on the floor. Then later I went in to find that he had got the hair clippers attachments out, opened a bar of soap, looked throw all the drawers and put all my makeup wedges in the toilet.


This list of “menacing” goes on…he has poured dish soap, toothpaste, A&D diaper cream, and lotion all over the carpet. He has opened a bottle of gummy vitamins and eaten half the bottle. Now I know what you are saying…why isn’t your house better 2-year old proofed? Well, we have locks on several cabinets, we lock our bedroom and bathroom doors as often as we remember, but he’s a smart and sneaky kids who somehow finds a way to create all this fun!


It has gotten to the point where a lot of the times, but not always I just have to laugh or shake my head. What is wrong with this kid? Nothing, he is a two year old kid, right? Sometimes I wonder what room I'm going to walk into and what I’m going to find. Our little Dennis the Menace…got to love him.


4 comments:

Shana said...

Thank goodness my 2 year old isn't hat bad!!! Ready for another?? LOL

Zenica said...

shana would love to have another but we are done.

Janet said...

Wowzers!!!!!
What messes!
....But he sure is cute!

Nicole said...

You need to lock your bathroom - since he seems to like to cause destruction from things in there - he is a cute Dennis.