Friday, January 14, 2011

This Sucks

I hate to even be writing this, but I feel like it’s important for those that check my blog and I also feel like I just want to get it off my chest.

Yesterday was moms “new birthday.” That means that a year ago yesterday Mom had her bone marrow transplant. She has had a rough year with multiple surgeries for her back and knee and also lost sight in one of her eyes. She has struggled to eat on her own and still has not been able to walk on her own.

On Monday mom went in to have some test done, the results came back yesterday and they were not good. Mom’s leukemia is back in full force and at this point there is nothing more that they can do for her. They have said that she might have two to four weeks left.

We will be going down to Utah this weekend and then I will be going back and forth over the next few weeks to be with her. This has been a long struggle for Mom. We were hopeful that the treatments would work, but knew this might happen.

We are grateful we get to spend time with her, but are not looking forward to seeing what her and her body will go through in the next little while.

Thank goodness for the gospel and the knowledge we have.

9 comments:

Krista said...

ohhhh zenny I'm so sorry. So sorry. Are you okay? Wait don't answer that. Please call if you need to chat. I love you and good luck. This is a difficult time.

Nicole said...

That is the saddest news. Enjoy what time you can with her. Even if she isn't what she used to be it is still time with her! Let me know what you need. Love ya!

Janet said...

I wish I could give you a hug. I wish I could watch your kids for you. I'm sorry you and your family have to go through this. you're in my prayers. love ya.

Annie said...

I am so sorry. I don't even know what to say or do. Please know we are all here for you and love you.

Buckland Family said...

Oh Zenica, I am so sorry to hear this. Our prayers are with you and your family at this time. If you need anything please don't hesitate to call. I may not be of much help since I just had my baby but whatever I am able to do I would love to do it.

Annalisa said...

Zen, I will be thinking of you everyday!!!! I'm so sorry.

Tricia said...

I'm sooooo sorry! It's going to be a rough few weeks for your family, and I wish there was some way I could help ease your pain. Please call if you need anything at all. Your family is in our prayers!

Bale Family said...

I'm praying for you and your family! You are so right though, thank goodness for the gospel! Wish there was something more I could do for you but hang in there. Your amazing and so is your mom!

Unknown said...

Zenica Honey, I am so sorry. Having a loved one with cancer is one of the hardest things I have ever had to watch someone go through. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. PLEASE let me know if there is anything we can do. We live so close and would love to do anything we can, meals, take the kids, hugs... ANYTHING! We will be in our new house in less than 2 weeks, so if you need a place to stay we have plenty of room for you and the kids, our house is so close to your parents. We're here for you and love you and your family.