Friday, September 11, 2009

First Fair

Last night we took the kids to their first fair, it was also the first time I have ever been to a fair, that I can remember anyway. Maybe my parents took me when I was little, but I don’t remember. Anyway, I had my first funnel cake and it was good, but I really don’t see the big deal about them. Ryan liked it a lot more than I did.

The kids had a lot of fun. Connor was a little too small to ride most of the rides, but he did go on one. Alex loved riding the worm roller coaster. We also let the kids play a game were you throw ping-pong balls at mini-fish bowls of water and if you get one in, you win a gold fish. The kids absolutely loved that game and our little Con-man even got lucky and made one. They couldn’t stop holding the fish and kissing the bag that it was in. When we got home, Alex named our new $5.00 fair golf fish Lilly. I hope it’s a girl.

We also went and saw all the animals. Hayden was such a good sport sitting it the stroller for about 3 ½ hours and only fussed a few times. After the corn dogs, cotton candy, corn on the cob and all the other fair goodies, I’m sure Alex will be wanting to go back sooner than is possible. There’s always next year.







4 comments:

Karen said...

Looks like fun. You've inspired us to go.

The Gotch Family said...

I am so glad you guys went and had fun. It's unbelievable the different types of people that congregate there(and the things they wear, I love it). You'll have to bring the kids down to Spud Day next Saturday. I don't think there will be any fish...

Nicole said...

Glad you liked it - we go every year. I can't believe Connor was too short - he seems tall enough to me!

Jannette said...

Cute, cute pictures! I love the one with the fish in the bag. and Hayden, such a darling little smile. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend.
Love,
Mom