Monday, October 19, 2009

35th Birthday

Ryan turned 35 on Friday. I remember when I thought thirty was really old and I always like to give Ryan a hard time because he is 6 years older than me, but truth be told I’m now starting to feel old so I think I’ll stop teasing him about it.

On Friday we got a baby sitter and went to dinner and then did a little shopping. After that we went to an indoor go-kart place where you can go as fast as 30 mph. It was pretty fun until we had to stop and I ended up crashing in to a dark storage room and breaking a shelf, it was pretty funny and I couldn’t stop laughing, but the guy working didn’t find it funny at all.

Then next day we kind of celebrated with the kids and had pizza, cake and ice cream. I made Ryan a carrot cake. I think that is what I make him every year. He must like it. He got a few small things from me and the kids, but I think the thing he liked the best was his car. No not a new one, it just looks new. We had it detailed and it turned out really nice and now I want the van done, maybe next year for my birthday.

Well I hope you had an okay birthday weekend Ry and really, you’re not that old, besides you still look like you’re in your twenties.







3 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds like fun to me! A detailed care sounds nice! Happy Birthday Ry!

Nicole said...

Nice driving tex. Glad you had a fun birthday for Ryan.

Janet said...

Oh, wow, the big 35! What a good wife you have to make you a carrot cake and to take you out! I hope it was great! Happy Birthday from us!