Monday, September 22, 2008

They’re Sharing a Room…

It’s been some time since my last post, but not too much has been going on other than trying to get ready for the baby. We have decided to put Connor and Alex in the same room and it took me forever to decide on how to decorate a room that a boy and girl would share.

I finally come up with this idea after finding some bedding at Target. Ally’s room went from lavender to white with a brown accent stripe and we put pink and blue polka dots above each of their beds. Thanks to Nicole and her Cricut I was able to get all the dots I needed to put up on the wall.

The worst part about it was painting a purple room white. It took me and Ryan forever to get the purple all covered up with multiple coats of primer and paint

I still have a few things that I’d like to find to accent the walls and Connor’s blue dots don’t match he’s bed perfectly, but it works. Here is a before and after picture of their room.

Also Connor and Alex slept together for the first time last night and did better than I expected. Connor was jabbering at Alex and she kept telling him it was time to go to bed. She even went and tucked him in when he got out of bed. Hopefully they like being roomies for a little while.




7 comments:

Jenni said...

I love it! It turned out so cute.

Krista said...

woah you totally painted a room again!! You crazy girl. I hate painting but you did a great job. I hope it works out for them and they are good little friends and sleepers. I can't believe your baby is coming so soon!!!

Nicole said...

Wow, that looks great. Better than I pictured. Great job. I'll bet the kids love it! I hope Ryan liked the different font for their names.

Teralyn Smith said...

Very Cute!! Love the idea.

Bale Family said...

That turned out soooo cute! Love it! I can't wait to see your little baby soon!

Dani said...

Wow......It looks Amazing!!! I loved it!!! Very good job!!!
Dani

Karen said...

you are so cute, what a good way to have it be for both of them. Your amazing!