Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Little Weekend Away







Well we just spent the weekend down in Utah. It had been over a month since we last saw my Mom, so it was really good to see her again. She was in good spirits and was so happy to see her grandkids.

On our way down we stopped in Salt Lake and saw my Dad, who was up from St. George, and my brother and his family. It was good to see everyone.

The kids love playing in my parents huge backyard so on Friday night we just relaxed, played with the kids and watched a few of the neighborhood fireworks for the July 24th Holiday. My parents have a wiffle ball set and Alex is quite the little slugger. Her Grandpa, who was an avid baseball player and coach, thinks she’s got quite an eye for a 5 year old. We’ll have to get her into tee ball.

On Saturday I took my mom out and did a little shopping, but she got tired pretty fast, so that didn’t last too long. When we got back Ryan and I did a few things around the house that mom needed help with and then we went to Costco and spent way too much money. Saturday night Alex had a little daddy daughter date with Ryan and we also lit off a few of our own fireworks, which all the kids absolutely love. It’s pretty hilarious to watch Connor jump up and down and go crazy every time Ryan would light one.

All in all it was a good weekend and it was great to see my mom again and I can’t wait to go back in August when Ryan is at Convention for work.





5 comments:

Nicole said...

Glad you had a fun weekend.

Dani said...

Great Pictures!! We were glad to see u guys!!
The kids are getting cuter and cuter!

Karen said...

I'm glad you guys had a great weekend. We need to plan a weekend that we can come up and see you guys and Chris and Kristen. I felt bad going though ID and not stopping.

Jannette said...

Very cute pictures! We're glad your Mom is doing well. Looking forward to seeing you all when we get back.

Love you,
Jannette

Bale Family said...

That's so great that your mom is recovering! Love the cute pics!